Marketing is an idea driven business. Some ideas make it and some don’t. Taglines and Slogans are a huge part of the Chain Restaurant business. It’s hard to believe that some of these didn’t make it past the meeting room and consumer tests, but here are a few of the better known chain restaurants’ heavily considered, but ultimately abandoned slogans.
- Golden Corral: Motorized scooters for the morbidly obese are welcome.
- Chili’s: I don’t care where we eat, just pick something.
- McDonalds: Where our two advertising strategies are as racially segregated as a 1957 water fountain.
- TGIFridays: Ladies, Ladies? Let’s be bad and get a hot fudge brownie sundae.
- Steak ‘n Shake: I’m hammered, let’s eat.
- BW3’s: Wings, Beer, Explosive Diarrhea
- Bob Evans: Handling a 4:30 Dinner Rush since 1953.
- iHop: Can’t screw up pancakes? Watch this.
- Rally’s: You’ll shit your brains out.
- Waffle House: Need a Shower? You will now.
- Panera Bread: I’m still hungry
- Sonic: The unhealthy food you love, just microwaved.
- O’Charley’s: We don’t know who eats here either.
*Omissions include Chik-fil-A for their stubborn defiance of social progression and Applebee’s because of Chris Berman, who is pure evil.
One thought on “Chain Restaurant Slogans that Didn’t Make the Cut”
Made me laugh.