Marketing is an idea driven business. Some ideas make it and some don’t. Taglines and Slogans are a huge part of the Chain Restaurant business. It’s hard to believe that some of these didn’t make it past the meeting room and consumer tests, but here are a few of the better known chain restaurants’ heavily considered, but ultimately abandoned slogans.
- Golden Corral: Motorized scooters for the morbidly obese are welcome.
- Chili’s: I don’t care where we eat, just pick something.
- McDonalds: Where our two advertising strategies are as racially segregated as a 1957 water fountain.
- TGIFridays: Ladies, Ladies? Let’s be bad and get a hot fudge brownie sundae.
- Steak ‘n Shake: I’m hammered, let’s eat.
- BW3’s: Wings, Beer, Explosive Diarrhea
- Bob Evans: Handling a 4:30 Dinner Rush since 1953.
- iHop: Can’t screw up pancakes? Watch this.
- Rally’s: You’ll shit your brains out.
- Waffle House: Need a Shower? You will now.
- Panera Bread: I’m still hungry
- Sonic: The unhealthy food you love, just microwaved.
- O’Charley’s: We don’t know who eats here either.
*Omissions include Chik-fil-A for their stubborn defiance of social progression and Applebee’s because of Chris Berman, who is pure evil.